MEMORIAL DAY: THE PERFECT SUMMER DRINK BY MEUS
Happy Memorial Day weekend dear friends! We couldn't be more excited to kick off our heels, get our friends together, and relax with yummy patriotic treats. We were recently introduced to Meus's Perfect Summer Drink- Swiss Lemonade. Meus is an online shop dedicated to thoughtful and inspired living. This sweet shop is carefully curated by the lovely Marichelle Hills. We love this playground of clothing, accessories, home and more by the most talented independent artists and designers. And this summer treat on their blog is our newest obsession in light of the holiday weekend. See below for the recipe!
Serves approximately 4
- 4 limes *try to pick ones with thin, smooth skins
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 cups of cold water
1. Wash limes, cut off both ends (discard) and cut lime in half lengthwise. Cut each half into quarters.
2. Blend the limes (peel included) with 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk and 2 cups of cold water in an electric blender, pulsing five times or until coarsely chopped.
3. Pour through a strainer into a pitcher. Be sure to press the blended mixture down with the back of a spoon along the strainer, to force as much liquid out as possible.
4. Pour the strained liquid back into the blender and blend with remaining 2 cups of water until smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness by adding more condensed milk if needed. I personally like to use the entire can.
5. Serve over ice. Enjoy!
PS. Feel free to add some rum for some fun :)
Best served immediately.
We hope you enjoy this refreshing summer drink with your family + friends this Memorial Day. Make sure to stop by Meus for more inspired living. You can even get the above featured alabaster and gold mugs and wooden spoons on the site!
Xoxo, Diwa Dolls